Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Terms of Endearment

Most internet dating sites allow you certain functionalities with a free membership. In order to communicate they require you to pay. One site I have a profile on allows you to communicate openly as long as at least one of you have a paid membership.

Its on this particular site that I received an email from a guy who has paid for the benefit of being able to communicate freely. His email said,
"Hi sweetie".

A couple things bug me about this email.

1.
Really?!?? You paid sixty bucks to say TWO words? TWO words! You can't think of more than that to say?

Tell me your name.

Ask mine.

Tell me what you liked about my profile that prompted you enough to contact me.

Tell me something.

Tell me ANYTHING. Say more than TWO words that don't tell me a damn thing!

2. He had me at hello.
Ummmm.....not!

The truth is he *lost* me at sweetie!

It isn't that I am an über feminist and don't want to ever be referred to as "sweetie" - but I don't know you from Adam. Endearing words are for and should come from people I feel endearing to.

I feel like this guy probably goes around saying this to everyone, well....that doesn't make me feel very special, now does it?

I want to feel special.


So I've put up a little poll... give me your opinion. Do I email him back and give him a chance OR do I say... NEXT?

No comments:

Post a Comment