Friday, September 18, 2009

Date Girl Adventures in... Denver!


So what does a Date Girl do in Denver when she's there on Business??

She wrecks the company rental, that's what!

Yes it's true. I had a fender bender! *Sad face here* Our rental was a HUGE Suburban so that we could haul inventory, pick up all the items we needed for the new kiosk and all that fun stuff. I spent 2 days joking about how huge that beast was and as soon as I am on my own... bam!

Backing out of a parking stall, I didn't see a Jeep turn behind me. When I started backing out I heard a beep, knowing that it beeped that I was almost out of gas just before parking there, I looked down to see if it was still telling me it needed gas. NO, apparently it beeps right before you HIT something!

*shrug* WHO KNEW???

Luckily, the damage wasn't too great. The picture below shows where I dinged her car. Of course the beast was pretty much sparkling still.





Well this whole thing made for a poopy day! Had to spend a few hours making a police report, calling my company to confess, calling insurance companies, making copies, etc.

I must say the highlight was when Miss Phyllis told me that, right before I backed into her, she screamed for me to "STOP". I laughed and was like, "Honey, I am driving a BEAST!"

I don't know why she expected me to hear her!


*Things to learn:
  1. Never drive a Suburban if it can be helped.
  2. Park BEASTS in outer darkness and walk 2 miles to destination.
  3. Take up as many parking spaces as possible.
  4. Never again curse at beastly sized cars that take up as many parking spaces possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment