Sunday, April 26, 2009

Money Guy

So I met Money Guy from an online dating site recently. He had been divorced for 9 years already and was still battling out the custody issues in court. Everytime we talked, every subject ended back up to his messy dramas over the kids. WOW ...enough already! On top of that all his stories were laced with mentions about how much it cost to remodel the home he had to give up, how much it cost for when the lawyer had to do this or had to do that, how he traded in his sports car every couple of years (is a Mazda 3 a sports car?? It's not what comes to my mind when I hear sports car), it just was annoying. So I started to think this guy must have a lot of money (not that I am materialistic, I just wondered if I was picking up the underlying messages).

So eventually we meet for dinner. Again the entire evening was about his divorce and how much he spent for things. During the conversation he also revealed a new subject and that was that he had been hurt on the job. When he didn't feel they had compensated him well enough for his injuries, he sued for workers comp. He hadn't worked in over a year and had just been living off the settlement. It was continually apparent how he would throw his lawyer into any situation when he could, and dropped hints about how much it cost every step of the way. My favorite moment was when he was bragging about how much he had been making. He said he had started with them some 20 + years and started out making $9 or $10. By the time he had quit he was "making more money than he will probably ever make again"! He was making $25 an hour!! I was expecting him to say something like $150 grand a year or so! I just sat back, chuckled to myself and thought, "Dude, I am making at least that! I am so not impressed!"

What a *LOSER*! I don't need his court drama, don't need someone who is going to have a lawyer in his pocket for any little thing and I certainly am not impressed by his finanical bragging!

NEXT.....

No comments:

Post a Comment