Monday, August 24, 2009

Friday Night Fiasco

In our adventures of getting out and being social, Jacque got invited to a housewarming party for a new potential client. So she rounded up Deb and I to go with her.

Now let me set the stage for the fiasco....

We arrived at this new house on a dead end road in an area which is still being developed. We didn't see a lot of cars and we were hesitant to go. We had plans to catch a comedy show later in the evening and decided we'd go for a bit. What could it hurt, we had a reason to leave after a while anyway!

Walking up to the front door we decided that this was a perfect murder house. End of the street. Not a lot of houses. Not too populated. Pretty much a forest behind the house. Three single women going to a stranger's house and.... a sign on the door that says, "Walk in!" *Gulp* But fear not, we were brave!

In the murder house we met Hanks and a few others. They were really cool and fun guys. Soon after we needed to leave for our comedy show. They wanted us to come back since more people were still coming, we promised we would.

Upon returning someone pointed out that the light was on in my car. I ran out to turn it off and when I came back in I set my keys on a little end table at the top of the stairway. We spent the next few hours having fun dancing, playing pool and getting to know new people.

*Let the fiasco begin*

Around 2ish we go to leave and my keys aren't on the table. They were gone... not on the table, not under the table, not any where around the table. Gone!

A search of the entire house commenced. Everyone kept asking me if I was surrrre that is where I set them... like I was all too drunk or something to know where I set them down at. I 100% know that I had set them there. A couple people went out to my car to peer inside to see if I locked them in, some called the ones who had left to see if they had picked them up and... nothing.

Here is where it gets fun... all 3 of our purses were.... locked in the car! Both Deb's and Jacque's cell phones were....locked in the car! Both of their keys to their houses/cars were.... locked in the car! Did I have a spare key? No, of course not! What kind of fiasco adventure would this be if I had a spare??!?!

By now it's after 3 am and Hanks, being the super nice guy that he is (mind you, this is the first night we had ever met him), calls his car service to have them come and unlock my car. Well after a long wait on the phone with them, they can't find a locksmith that come to us at that hour of the night. *Great*

Deb was pretty sure that she remembered the code to her garage. We could get in through there, sleep at her house and she had a spare set of keys to her car for in the morning. A dozen tries later, we were in!

I think my favorite moment was when we woke up and Deb said, "Let's go to breakfast!"

I was like, "Um, yeah.. no money!" and she just spouted off, "I'll PAY!"

Ummm remember that ALL of our purses are ...locked in my car??

We were pretty hungry and had some time to kill. Hanks had a soccer game that morning then he was going to work with his service again to get someone out to unlock my car. We decided to head over to my brother's diner and make him buy 3 cute, adventurous, broke, purseless girls some breakfast!

*Let's skip the part where he makes fun of us for being grown women who had the keys to the car stolen and for having our lives (purses) locked in the car*

My brother enlisted the services of his friend Dell who is a locksmith. He came to talk to us and said he could get the car unlocked and make one of those fancy chipped keys but I need to hurry and decide because he only had a couple of hours to get it done. Oh yeah... it's a Saturday so he gets overtime! Total cost: $450! *My jaw may have hit the table*

We hadn't heard from Hanks and dummy me... he had my number but I didn't have his! Jacque had his number on her phone but it was... locked in the car! (See a reoccurring theme here?) I needed to make a decision. After letting me sweat for a minute, Dell said he'd do it for $200. Ok, SOLD.

As we were driving out to Hanks, he finally called! He was telling me that his service couldn't find anyone willing to come out on site so instead they wanted to tow my car to a dealership but couldn't guarantee it would be worked on that same day.

*Phone dies* [insert bad words here]

Once we got there we talked his service into paying Dell to do the work since WE found a locksmith to come out on site all by our own selves. It took a while but he was finally able to get in, make one of those fancy keys and let us be on our way.

A huge thanks to Hanks for being so kind, so helpful and so much fun!

And to whomever has my keys.... I want them BACK dammit!

To do list for the week: Make a SPARE set of keys and stash some cash somewhere for emergency breakfasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment